LTC4358 5A Ideal Diode
The LTC4358 is a 5A ideal diode that uses an internal 20mΩ N-channel MOSFET to replace a Schottky diode when used in diode-OR and high current diode applications. The LTC4358 reduces power consumption, heat dissipation, and PC board area.
The LTC4358 easily ORs power supplies together to increase total system reliability. In diode-OR applications, the LTC4358 regulates the forward voltage drop across the internal MOSFET to ensure smooth current transfer from one path to the other without oscillation. If the power source fails or is shorted, a fast turnoff minimizes reverse current transients.
- N+1 Redundant Power Supplies
- High Availability Systems
- Telecom Infrastructure
- Automotive Systems
Features and Benefits
- Replaces a Power Schottky Diode
- Internal 20mΩ N-Channel MOSFET
- 0.5μs Turn-Off Time Limits Peak Fault Current
- Operating Voltage Range: 9V to 26.5V
- Smooth Switchover without Oscillation
- No Reverse DC Current
- Available in 14-Pin (4mm × 3mm) DFN and 16-Lead TSSOP Packages